….You should know that the following situation is wreaking havoc on my pronuncation of the English Language, even if I am speaking my native language:
1. Speaking almost exclusively with non-native English-speakers.
2. Listening to BBC Radio, and British DJs for 7 hours a day.
3. Listening to Indian pop music on BBC Radio, with an Indian DJ.
4. Reading a book set in Ireland, complete with Irish pronunciation.
5. Adding a smattering of Thai words to my vocabulary, complete with the Thai tones.
I’m an unpronounceable mess. [Note: I am very tempted to write, ‘I’m an Onomatopoetic mess’, but I’m not entirely sure that word means what I think it means. English Buffs, would that make sense? Does it apply?]
How are you doing?